BlackBerry Partners Fund have announced the winners of the “WebWorks” competition in the fourth annual BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge. Winners of the most innovative BlackBerry WebWorks app for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry smartphones (based on the BlackBerry OS 6.0 or higher) were selected on a regional basis.
The Apps were judged based on quality and use of development best practices, level of visual appeal, user experience, and creativity and innovation.
The winners of the awards, which recognizes the most innovative BlackBerry WebWorks app for the BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry smartphones, were as follows:
- Grand Prize Winner – Guitarist’s Reference and Guitarist’s Reference Torch (vendor: My App Catalog LLC)
- First Runners-up – Meeting Cost (vendor: Hindam Innovation Corp.)
- Second Runners-up – Light ’Em Up (vendor: Thomas Kiefer)
Europe, Middle East, Africa:
- Grand Prize Winner – Daily Express UK (vendor: Refresh Mobile Ltd)
- First Runners-up – Twinoo Lite (vendor: Razum d.o.o.)
- Second Runners-up – Interlecta (vendor: Interlecta OOD)
- Grand Prize Winner – Shogomo (vendor: Quintell Business Intelligence Pte Ltd)
- First Runners-up – Chatmosphere IRC Chat Finder (vendor: Mobile Ventures Pty Ltd)
- Second Runners-up – Rock Paper Scissors (vendor: MMMOOO)
All winners of the 2011 BlackBerry Partners Fund Developer Challenge (none of whom came from Africa) will be recognized at the 2011 BlackBerry Developer Conference (DevCon), October 18 – 20 in San Francisco.
This year’s prizing for all competitions is valued at $ 3 million, almost double the value of prizes awarded last year. Prizes and awards include placement on the BlackBerry App World™ featured carousel; BlackBerry smartphones and BlackBerry PlayBook; membership in the BlackBerry Alliance Program; BlackBerry accessory gift certificates; and other goodies.