Nokia is set to unveiled its latest device in its Asha family – Asha 210 – which is designed to offer consumers more social experiences at an affordable price. The Nokia Asha 210 comes in Single- or Easy Swap Dual-SIM variants and features a distinct design and smart imaging. It supports Wi-Fi to enable users access the internet for less and is the world’s first phone to have a dedicated WhatsApp button for fast access to instant messaging.
The Nokia Asha 210 comes in yellow, cyan, black, and magenta and white. The estimated retail price for the Nokia Asha 210 is around US $ 72 (Kshs 6,050). The device will be available in retail outlets from May 2013.
The Nokia Asha 210’s features include:
- QWERTY keyboard.
- To celebrate the Nokia and WhatsApp partnership, WhatsApp is offering their service for free on all Nokia Asha 210 devices with the WhatsApp button for their lifespan. Combined with Facebook, Twitter and support for popular email accounts such as Gmail, the Nokia Asha 210 is designed to ensure easy and convenient chat interaction with friends and family.
- The Nokia Asha 210 comes with a 2MP camera that can be accessed through a dedicated hardkey even when the keypad is locked. The smart camera also offers a choice of image capture, editing and sharing options, including:
- People can also share photos and other content quickly by using Nokia’s innovative Slam feature, which comes built-into the Nokia Asha 210. It works by enabling the transfer of content such as images or videos to another Bluetooth-enabled phone without the need to pair devices.
- The new device also takes full advantage of the Nokia Xpress Browser which uses Nokia’s cloud technology to reduce data consumption by up to 90 percent, helping people enjoy more affordable Internet access. The Nokia Asha 210 also features Nokia Nearby, a web app that lets people discover points of interest such as restaurants, shopping and ATM machines close to their location.
- Social phonebook integration with the ability to launch WhatsApp direct from contact cards in the Phonebook
- Preloaded YouTube launcher for direct video streaming
- Chat screen notifications that keep users up-to-date on new conversations
- Single-SIM and Dual-SIM models featuring Nokia’s exclusive EasySwap technology that enables consumers to change SIM cards without having to turn off the device
- Wi-Fi On/Off control button
- Up to 46 days with Single-SIM and up to 24 days with Dual-SIM