Commenting on the results via his Facebook’s page Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder and CEO, said: “We just announced our quarterly results and shared an update on our community’s progress to connect the world. Our community now has more than 1.59 billion people. More than 1 billion people use Groups. Almost 1 billion people use WhatsApp. More than 19 million people who previously had no internet access are now connected through Internet.org.”
“In 2015, people came together in many different ways on Facebook. We celebrated happy moments, from the Indian Super League to the release of Star Wars. Millions of people rallied to support Nepal after the earthquake, France after the Paris attacks and all those affected by the refugee crisis. And every day, hundreds of millions of people just used Facebook to connect with loved ones. Thank you for being a part of our community, and for helping to connect the world.”
Below are the social network’s full year business highlights for 2015:
- Revenue – Revenue for the full year 2015 was $17.93 billion, an increase of 44% year-over-year.
- Income from operations – Income from operations for the full year 2015 was $6.23 billion.
- Net income – Net income for the full year 2015 was $3.69 billion.
- Free cash flow – Free cash flow for the full year 2015 was $6.08 billion.
- Daily active users (DAUs) – DAUs were 1.04 billion on average for December 2015, an increase of 17% year-over-year.
- Mobile DAUs – Mobile DAUs were 934 million on average for December 2015, an increase of 25% year-over-year.
- Monthly active users (MAUs) – MAUs were 1.59 billion as of December 31, 2015, an increase of 14% year-over-year.
- Mobile MAUs – Mobile MAUs were 1.44 billion as of December 31, 2015, an increase of 21% year-over-year.
Fourth Quarter 2015 Other Financial Highlights
- Mobile advertising revenue – Mobile advertising revenue represented approximately 80% of advertising revenue for the fourth quarter of 2015, up from 69% of advertising revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014.
- Capital expenditures – Capital expenditures for the fourth quarter of 2015 were $692 million.
- Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities – Cash and cash equivalents and marketable securities were $18.43 billion at the end of the fourth quarter of 2015.
- Free cash flow – Free cash flow for the fourth quarter of 2015 was $2.14 billion.
More details about the financials can be obtained here.