The West Indian Ocean Cable Company (WIOCC) – which manages the EASSy submarine cable – will be present at Capacity Africa 2016 being held at the Speke Resort & Conference Centre Kampala, Uganda on September 27 – 28, 2016.
The event brings together 500+ senior-level professionals from 180+ organisations representing the entire African wholesale industry, delivering the ultimate platform to network with existing partners and establish new lucrative business partnerships within the continent.
(TOP: Chris Wood, the CEO of WIOCC).
The WIOCC team will be led by WIOCC’s CEO, Chris Wood and joined by other executive team members and directors including; Ryan Sher – COO, James Wekesa – CCO, Mike Last – CMO, Hitesh Desai – Director, Sales Southern Africa, Darren Bedford – Director, Africa Business Development, Martin Mutiiria – Director, Africa-Sales and Nikki Popoola – Director, Sales.
Chris Wood will also be an expert panelist in a discussion session on “The evolution of the African wholesale market – How to keep fit for survival”on the first day (September 27, 2016) at 11.40 am. Lately, there has been a paradigm shift with enterprises becoming more active in the purchase of large volumes of data. WIOCC has proven over the years that they have managed to be purely on the wholesale market business and with the new Johannesburg metro coming up which will not target the enterprise space.
The discussion is expected to focus on:
- How much longer can traditional wholesale survive in Africa?
- Is it already approaching the end or is the panic much ado about nothing?
- Is entering the enterprise sector the way forward, or is it in only going to spoil prices in another area?
- Can wholesale learn anything from retail? Which strategies could be adopted?
- Are terminations and managed services the future? Which promise success and how should carriers approach them?
- How can local carriers compete with the big international wholesale players?
- Does development need to happen on a technical level?
The WIOCC team will also use the event to meet with both existing and prospective customers to discuss how WIOCC can support their operations in Africa.