Remember the story of Seve Gat, the lady who ‘photoshopped’ herself into so many China-related photos that she ended up getting the attention of individuals and corporate firms to sponsor her for the trip to her dream destination?
Now you don’t have to go to such extreme measures to get a trip to the land of the Red Dragon as StarTimes, the payTV provider, is giving you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to get yourself a fully paid 1 week luxury trip to China.
Now here’s what you need to do to be considered for the trip:
- Take a video of yourself doing KungFu moves (not more than 1 minute). This is because the contest and trip is part of StarTimes’ #KungfuFestival which takes place on Saturday November 5 at KICC Grounds in Nairobi.
- Post that video in the comment section of this post
- Use the hashtag #Kungfufestival
- We will contact the shortlisted participants to attend the selection process which will happen on Saturday October 29 and 10 people will be selected for the finals
- These 10 people will then compete for the top 3 positions on Saturday November 5 at KICC during StarTimes’ #KungFufestival
Remember the contest closes on Tuesday October 25, 2016 at 12 pm.
After you record and post your video below this post using the #KungfuFestival hashtag, go to StarTimes Kenya’s Facebook page and tell people about your video and to vote for you. Tell as many of your friends on Facebook as you can to vote for you as the contest closes in less than two week’s time. Now rush and record that video and post below… Best of luck.
Now here are some facts about China which should excite you to record and post that video and win this trip (and experience them once in China):
- China’s Bailong Elevator carries visitors more than 300m up a cliff’s edge
- The Forbidden City, a palace complex in Beijing, contains about 9,000 rooms!
- Put together, all of China’s railways lines could loop around earth twice!
- Asiatic golden cats in the country’s south sometimes communicate by spitting.
- Half of all pigs on earth live in China. (do you like pork?)