In-car entertainment vendor Pioneer Gulf has introduced a new range of in-vehicle entertainment products in Kenya to enhance motorists’ experience and further boost its market share. The firm has launched two new A/V receivers aimed at enhancing in-vehicle connectivity and entertainment in Nairobi.
Pioneer also announced its 2017 In-car receivers based on new hardware platforms to enable more advanced features and enhanced audio reproduction Pioneer Gulf, Product Planning & Marketing Department, GM Mr Muralidhar Masala said the company is committed to creating the best driving experience by introducing new receivers in the market.
(TOP: Prasanna Kumara, Pioneer Gulf’s assistant marketing manager showcases the features of the DEH-X1952UB digital receiver during the launch in Nairobi).
“Pioneer is committed to creating the best driving experience, and these new receivers reflect our effort. Through continual research and development, we now allow our customers to conveniently customise their sound system, while adding more popular apps and content to the existing mix,” said Muralidhar.
1. A/V receivers
The following features are prominent in the New A/V receivers:
• Bluetooth Wireless Connectivity – The AVH-295BT feature Built-in Bluetooth 1 wireless capability for convenient hands-free calling as well as music streaming with compatible Bluetooth enabled devices. The Bluetooth models also feature Bluetooth Dual Device Connection for connection of two smartphone devices at the same time. The feature enables a call to be picked up by either of the paired phones, eliminating the need to pair and unpair devices
• HFP 1.6 Wideband Speech – Hands Free Profile (HFP) 1.6 significantly increases the frequency bandwidth dedicated to voice calling (now 50Hz – 7kHz) and doubles the sampling frequency (now 16kHz) to produce significantly better sound quality for wireless conversations. Both the caller and call recipient experience clearer and more distinct sound.
• Music Library Browsing over Bluetooth (AVRCP 1.5) – Users can now search album content over a wireless connection. iPhone devices can use Bluetooth to search through playlists, artists, songs, and genres. For Android smartphones enabled with Media Transfer Protocol (MTP), users can browse through media folders via folder type. The smartphone device must be compatible with AVRCP 1.4 profile or newer to access Bluetooth Audio Browsing.
• USB Audio/Video Connectivity – When connected to an iPhone, iPod, portable USB drive or compatible Android device via the USB port, users can use basic controls (Play/Pause/FF/Rev/Random/Repeat) and display track, artist and album information for music playback. Android devices must run OS 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or newer with Android Media Transfer Protocol.
• Clear Resistive Touchscreen – provides brighter, more vibrant colours and increased touch sensitivity, making it more responsive than traditional resistive touch panels
• Back up camera ready – compatible with many original equipment (OE) and most aftermarket universal rear-view cameras, including Pioneer’s ND-BC8 rear-view camera (sold separately)
• DVD Player – DVD and CD playback on the AVH-295BTand AVH-195DVD
• Customize Colours – Three colour illumination display options to match the vehicle’s interior lighting Pioneer’s multimedia A/V and digital media receivers are available at all major countries across the world.
2. The new 2017 Pioneer CD and Digital Media Receivers:
The receivers are available in 10 models – the 1-DIN DEH-X1950UB, DEH-X1952UB, DEH-X1953UB, DEH-X2950UI, DEH-X3950BT, DEH-X4950BT, and DEH-X7850BT CD receivers and their MVH-X195UI, MVH-X395BT digital media version, as well as the 2-DIN FH-X785BT CD receiver.
The receivers boast the following new standout features:
In-depth sound personalisation
A 13-band equaliser (EQ) 1, touting twice the number of adjustable frequencies than most car EQs, provides more precise sound tweaking. Meanwhile, a newly incorporated 3-way network mode 2 can significantly enhance treble, vocal and bass separation for greater finesse, by seamlessly integrating a tweeter, mid-range driver, and woofer.
Hassle-free tuning and new content via Pioneer Arc Version 2.2.0
Pioneer ARC 3 , the company’s do-it- all mobile application, has also been updated to take full advantage of the 13-band EQ and 3-way network mode. Version 2.2.0 now supports new EQ and advanced settings, like crossover and speaker levels, which can be easily customised via an intuitive “touch-and- slide” interface with zoom capability. A newly introduced fader/balance setting lets users tune both parameters effortlessly and concurrently. ARC also now supports third-party apps, such as Google Maps, Waze, Spotify, and YouTube, allowing users to access more content.
Flac for studio-quality music
50% to 60% smaller than uncompressed WAV files, but without sacrificing the original sound quality, FLAC is the most popular lossless audio format favoured by music lovers and audiophiles. With 24-bit/96KHz FLAC 4 support, drivers and their passengers can enjoy unadulterated tunes, touting the full dynamism and nuances of studio recordings.
Millions of readily available songs
Spotify 5 , currently available in Southeast Asian countries in the pipeline, maintains a massive library of over 30 million titles. Playback can also be conveniently controlled directly from the dashboard or a connected smartphone, leveraging USB (iOS) or Bluetooth (Android) connection.
Larger, wide angle display
The enhanced wide-view display 6 is not only physically wider, but also provides increased clarity and situational awareness. The latter includes new artist, album and song icons, animated music EQ graphic and a Smartphone Link status icon.
USB QUICK CHARGE FOR ANDROID
DEH-X1953UB, DEH-X2950UI, DEH-X3950BT and DEH-X4950BT are equipped with a USB port that outputs up to 1.5 amperes, significantly reducing the time required to recharge the latest Android smartphones compared to most CD receivers.
Prism-cut rotary volume control
An exclusive feature for the DEH-X2950UI and DEH-X4950BT, users can select their choice of colour to illuminate this dial to enhance the mood inside the car cabin, while its unique styling gives the head unit a premium look and feel.
Comprehensive smartphone integration
Here are other notable innovations and key highlights:
• MIXTRAX – Pioneer’s revolutionary MIXTRAX virtual DJ technology designed to transform a music library into a nonstop DJ mix, inserting transitions and effects automatically to string together tunes from an iPhone, iPod or USB storage device. The dashboard’s illumination and display can also pulsate and change colour, according to the music tempo and intensity to recreate an invigorating club experience.
• Comprehensive Bluetooth functions 7 – Two-Phone Bluetooth Pairing enables up to two phones to be connected simultaneously for hands-free voice calls. With Wireless Audio Browsing 8 , drivers can search their music library via the head unit display without touching the smartphone 9 , providing greater user convenience and a safer drive.
The new 2017 Pioneer CD and Digital Media Receivers are now available at all Pioneer authorised dealers including Sight and Sound in Kenya .