iHub will tomorrow host a workshop on how to engage with SMEs on user rights tomorrow, Thursday 25th May. The session, organised by Global Partners Digital (GPD), is the first of a two-part event, with the second forum taking place a day later on Friday 26th May.
Date: Thursday 25 May 2017
Time: 2.00pm to 4.00pm
Location: iHub, 6th Floor, Senteu Plaza, Galana / Lenana Road Junction, Nairobi Kenya
The guide covers:
- The business case for respecting privacy and free expression as a tech SME;
- What these rights mean in legal terms, and the specific obligations placed on businesses (both internationally and in Kenya);
- Practical ways businesses can start respecting these rights;
- What businesses can do in specific scenarios (for example, if asked by a government to provide data on their users);
- Useful resources and further reading.