With just a day left before people resume ‘normal life’ – read daily and weekly work routine – you still have some time to yourself. This time can be used to coil on the couch as a family and relax while enjoying some compelling movies and interesting series as served by StarTimes.
(TOP: Cover of Happy Endings, one of the movies on StarTimes today).
And the variety of content available on StarTimes today is diverse, ranging from adventure, to comedy and drama, to action and general family viewing. Here’s our favourite pick:
- Young Adult: A comedy drama about a fiction writer returns to her home soon after her divorce in small-town Minnesota with the hope to rekindle a romance with her ex-boyfriend, who is now happily married and has a newborn daughter.
- Happy Endings – Because this is the last day before we bid farewell to 2017, there’s Happy Endings, a long-running series which weaves multiple stories to create a witty look at love, family and the sheer unpredictablity of life itself.
- Ant-Man – The story of Scott Lang, a cat burglar who (while armed with a super-suit with the astonishing ability to shrink in scale but increase in strength), has to embrace his inner hero and help his mentor, Dr. Hank Pym, plan and pull off a heist that will save the world.
- Around The World In 80 Days – This series tells the story of an eccentric British inventor who in order to win a bet, beside his Chinese valet and an aspiring French artist, embarks on a trip full of adventures and dangers around the world in exactly 80 days.
- A Beautiful Mind – Released in 2001 and starring Russell Crowe (as John Nash), the movie tells story of Nash, a brilliant but asocial mathematician who accepts secret work in cryptography. But later, his life takes a turn for the nightmarish.
- Stealing Christmas – This Christmas-themed show tells the story of Jack Clayton who can only escape after his partner in crime, Harry Zordich, messes up a Christmas sales department store robbery in a Santa suit. Stuck in a rural small town, he finds himself forced to accept a menial job under the alias Oscar Burton as Santa in a nursery.
- Traces Of Sandalwood – A story of pain and hope. It narrates a story of hope and love across Mumbai and Barcelona; from India to the Mediterranean and all the way back where it all began.
- Aeon Flux – Aeon Flux is a mysterious assassin working for the Monicans, a group of rebels trying to overthrow the government. When she is sent on a mission to kill the Chairman, a whole new mystery is found.
- Big Hero 6 – Fantasy drama the special bond that develops between plus-sized inflatable robot Baymax, and prodigy Hiro Hamada, who team up with a group of friends to form a band of high-tech heroes.
- The Last Ride – After thirty years in prison, ex-con Ronnie recruits his grandson to exact revenge on Darryl, the cop who put him behind bars. However, standing in their way is Ronnie’s son, whom Darryl raised.
As we count down to the New Year, keep yourself and household engaged by watching the above and more titles from StarTimes. And remember to pay your monthly subscription before the deadline to get 3 extra days of viewing as part of the #UpgradeNaStarTimes promo and have your #WishesDelivered.