By Bethany Hill
Holiday shopping is so quick and easy to do online, no traffic to get to the store, no waiting in queues or travelling to one specific shop just to find out – oh no, they’re out of stock of the one item you went there for.
We want to make sure your holiday shopping experience is quick, easy and most of all safe. Here are our top 5 tips for safe shopping this festive season:
- Don’t have the same passwords for all online shopping sites, have strong passwords and for extra security, change them before the holiday shopping commences.
- Only shop on trusted sites and directly from vendors.
- Don’t click on links from emails, instead go straight to the site on your browser.
- When shopping online use a secure internet connection such as your home WiFi and make sure the necessary firewalls are in place – Avoid online payments via public WiFi.
- This coupled with a strong antivirus and/or anti-spyware software for scanning email, applications, and data that resides on your computer, you can rest assured that only you will catch or detect any form of intrusion in good time.
(The writer is a Brand Manager at ESET East Africa. This post was originally published on the ESET East Africa blog).