It’s now two days since we celebrated Christmas. However, that does not been taken to mean that Christmas-themed content are now set to take a break (or have taken a break) from our TV screens till Easter or the next Christmas in 2018.
Because people are still in the Christmas holiday mood – that’s at least until we usher in the New Year on Monday – it’s only fair that they are treated to Christmas-related content. And that’s why StarTimes has set aside a selection of such programming for its subscribers to enjoy as they pass their days during the remaining part of the holidays.
(TOP: The cover of Messiah, an episode in ‘Jesus – Rise to Power’. Photo: NatGeo).
Here are some relevant Christian and Christmas-themed titles available on StarTimes today:
- Jesus – Rise to Power: Narrator Michael Scott sets outs across the historic landscapes of the ancient world to discover how and why, in just 400 years, the little-known Judaic cult of Jesus rises from a persecuted minority to become the official religion of the Roman Empire. Catch episode 2 of season today.
- The Story of God with Morgan Freeman: Narrated by Morgan Freeman, the series attempts to find answers to some intriguing questions like “where does evil come from?” In a maximum-security prison, Morgan comes face to face with a serial killer, and looks for the physical root of evil in his brain. To find possible answers to such questions and more, watch episode 3 of season 1 of the series today.
- Turning Point: An aspirational magazine program that spotlights the voices, insights and lives of Africans and people of African descent around the world. The programme provides viewers with a refreshing mix of insightful features, thought-provoking interviews and inspirational music.
- Home for Good: Jesus was born in a stable because there was no room at the Inn. Following on the same theme this Christmas, this GOD TV documentary looks at the exemplary work of Home For Good, a foster care and adoption charity in the UK led by Krish Kandiah.
- Traditional Gospel: The Bible says give honour where it is due, and that is exactly what Traditional Gospel does. Tune in and listen to some of the country’s best soul enlightening music.
- Jewish Voice – Rabbi: Rbii Jonathan Bernis, founder of Jewish Voice Ministries, provides valuable insights into the Jewish roots of Christianity, Bible prophecy and world events surrounding Israel.
- FLYING HOUSE: This series educates and informs children between the ages of 5 to 10 by teaching Bible stories that highlight important character traits such as honesty and courage.
And of course as a loyal client, remember to first #UpgradeNaStartimes and have your #WishesDelivered as you #EnjoyDigitalLife with StarTimes.