The 2013 OLX Social Media Awards that seeks to reward organizations and individuals who have showcased strategic and creative use of social media has launched its final list of nominees.
The nominees, consisting of organizations and individuals drawn from Kenya’s social media landscape, will all battle it out for different coveted titles.
The unveiling of the list provides an opportunity for the online community to vote till August 8 2013, with the overall winners being announced at a gala dinner at Laico Regency Hotel on August 9, 2013.
The inaugural edition of the SOMA Awards will be hosted in partnership with OLX, one of the leading online markets in the region, Public Relations Society of Kenya, Deloitte, Trinc Media, Valentine Cake House, Niaje and Bloggers Association of Kenya.
The 2013 OLX Social Media Awards seek o recognize and reward organizations and individuals who have showcased excellence and successful delivery of strategic, creative and professional use of social media cutting across all platforms in Kenya.
The objective of the awards is to identify and celebrate the best of the best in Social media and highlight the influence of social media on brand building and encourage companies to intensify online presence.
The 2013 SOMA Awards has 6 overall categories that are segmented into sub categories to accommodate the different facets of the social media landscape.
– Social Media News Channel of the Year which has four sub categories and seeks to award the best use of social media by traditional news agencies in sharing information and interacting with target audiences.
– Social Media Personality of the Year which is segmented into seven sub categories where nominees were selected based on their best use of key social media platforms that include Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and other related platforms to achieve a set of objectives with an overall impact on their target audience with clear evidence of the effectiveness of the activity.
– Social Media Corporate Award of the Year that is segmented in eight sub categories and seeks award local corporate organizations that have integrated social media that include Twitter, Facebook, Blogs and other related platforms to achieve their organizations objectives with an overall impact on their target audience.
– Social Media Agency of the Year that will reward the most creative and dynamic social media agency locally that has executed successful online campaigns for diverse clientele.
– Social Media Innovation of the Year is the fifth overall category that will see organization or individuals recognized for their innovative use of social media across all platforms that has revolutionized the target audience and impacted positively upon them.
– Best Use of Social Media is segmented into government bodies, advocacy, events and social responsibility campaigns. This category will reward to most creative use of social media by an organization or individual in any of the four areas.
You can access the full list of nominees here and cast your votes as many times as you can after 12-hour intervals.
Be the first to comment