PayGo Solar units vendor Mobisol was recently recognised at the GreenTec Awards in Berlin, Germany. During the awards ceremony held on May 12, 2017 marking the 10th edition of the GreenTec Awards, Mobisol won the Award in the ‘Sustainable Development’ category.
Addressing the guests at the awards ceremony, German Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development Gerd Müller stressed the global challenges of overpopulation, climate change and hunger which could only be overcome in joint cooperation with private businesses. He said that the know-how of German businesses in sustainable and innovative solutions for the future was globally acknowledged.
(TOP: Mobisol’s Chief Strategy Officer Thomas Duveau received the Award on stage, handed over by Dr. Corinna Franke-Woeller, MD, Agentur für Wirtschaft und Entwicklung).
Various projects won awards in a total of 15 categories, during the ceremony attended by about 650 guests drawn from business, science, politics and showbiz arena.
Held under the theme of “Green Lifestyle”, the event also featured a special ‘Start-up’ category where live pitches were conducted, with 3 emerging as finalists.
Below are the GreenTec Awards category winners, as selected by a 70-panel jury consisting of independent representatives from industry, science, politics and the media:
- Winner in the category Building & Living – Joulia SA with Joulia-Inline, a shower channel with heat exchanger module for heat recovery from the Shower drain.
- Winner in the Energy category – BDI – BioEnergy International with its project “The Green Brewery – Energy from Residues”.
- Winner in the Galileo category – Showerloop with the water and energy recycling shower.
- Winner in the Communication category – Jugend denkt um.welt e.V., which is committed to the global promotion of environmental and sustainability education.
- Winner in the lifestyle category – Thriving Green with its holistic cultivation method for the microalgae Spirulina.
- Winner in the mobility category by Schaeffler – IQ Power Licensing, which through integrated electrolyte-mixing a double life of car batteries enable.
- Winner in the Recycling and Resources category by Veolia – Neocomp with the utilization of glasfaservers
- Winner in the Travel category – Terragon Environmental Technologies, which generate energy from marine waste.
- Winner in the category Sport by Jack Wolfskin – Arndt / Klumpp with INSTINCT sportswear collections from biostats.
- Winner in the Sustainable Development category – Mobisol with its decentralized solar systems for rural East Africa.
- Winner in the category Textiles & Fashion by KUNERT – Sportsman’s Delight GmbH with its outdoor clothing made of recycled or recyclable polyester-Materials.
- Winner in WWF Galileo Green Youngster Award – Research Center Nordhessen, which investigates the influence of cell phone radiation on the death of bees.
- Winner in the special start-up category – CleverShuttle, the innovative, environmentally friendly and inexpensive transportation service.
- Winner in the special category Canada – Ballard Power Systems with Aberdeen Hydrogen Buses, Europe’s largest fleet of fuel cell buses.
- Winner in the special category Music – Samy Deluxe encourages rethinking and tacking together, with respect for each other and for the environment.