In a bid to ensure that DStv customers get the best international and local channels at affordable prices, MultiChoice Kenya has today – August 29 – announced a significant decrease on DStv subscription prices, effective from September 1, 2017.
(TOP: Eric Odipo, MD, Multichoice Kenya while announcing the price reductions).
As a customer-centric business, MultiChoice constantly looks for new ways to deliver more value to its customers. As such, the firm recently made the below moves aimed at achieving this namely:-
- Providing La Liga games to our DStv Family package as well as added great lifestyle and kiddies programming – this makes DStv Family a fantastic value option.
- SuperSport recently secured the rights to broadcast WWE programming live for the first time ever across sub-Saharan Africa.
- DStv aired the Floyd Mayweather Jnr versus Conor McGregor fight live on August 27, 2017 over and above the great coverage offered on international Football leagues.
According to the MultiChoice Kenya MD, Eric Odipo, MultiChoice Kenya recognises customers are living in tough economic times and the business is ever-cognisant of their need to access quality content.
“We want to reward them for their ongoing loyalty and support by providing them with the best local and international entertainment. We will do our bit by adjusting the price of their DStv packages to make them more affordable while adding more value,” said Odipo.
“The majority of our input costs are in US dollars and we hope we won’t experience any further currency devaluations or other unexpected increases in costs for the remainder of the year. We will continue to review pricing from time to time, taking into account the economic conditions of our operations.”
The new pricing is as follows:
|Current Price||New Price||
|Premium||Kshs 8,180||Kshs 7,900||3.42%|
|Compact Plus||Kshs 5,425||Kshs 5,200||4.15%|
|Compact||Kshs 3,550||Kshs 3,200||9.86%|
|Access||Kshs 1,050||Kshs 950||9.52%|
Over the last two years, MultiChoice has stuck to its customer promise by providing best entertainment – combining both quality and variety – at a reduced rate to ensure access to great family entertainment.
- In February 2016, Multichoice brought two of the world’s best football leagues, the English Premier League (EPL) and La Liga to DStv Compact customers. Plus, we added seven entertainment channels and opened up Box Office and DStv Catch Up.
- In April 2016, Multichoice introduced a “no price increase” to provide relief to our customers in the current tough economic conditions.
- Then in October 2016, Multichoice reduced our prices in some countries and added another six great entertainment channels to the Compact Plus bouquet.
Earlier this month, August 2017 – Multichoice brought all the Spanish La Liga games to DStv Family and added 3 new international channels (BBC Lifestyle, Food Network and Cbeebies). All countries – excluding Nigeria and Ghana – will also get Africa Magic Epic on DStv Access while Trace Mziki will be available in East African markets.
“This substantial price drop across our DStv packages reinforces our commitment to ensuring that our customers receive the best possible access to great entertainment and outstanding value,” said Odipo.
Currently, a DStv Zappa decoder retails at Kshs 5,000 while the Explora decoder is going for Kshs 10,499. Both decoders come as full kits with satellite dish, cabling and connectors.