Showmax has added another way to watch TV shows and movies on demand with no contract and no ads. In addition to having apps for tablets, smartphones, computers, media players and smart TVs, Showmax has now added support for the Xbox One gaming console.
The announcement means that as from today – August 29 -, the Showmax app for the Xbox One console is available on the Xbox Store.
Since Showmax was launched two years ago, new functionality such as downloads, profiles, parental controls, support for AirPlay and Chromecast, and bandwidth capping has been rolled out on a regular basis.
More recently, Showmax was added to the DStv Explora and Android TV platforms. Multiple integrations for voucher payment, mobile payment, and add-to-bill have also been completed with banks and telcos. The addition of the Xbox One app is the latest step in the continued development of Showmax.
Here’s the step-by-step guide on how to get the Showmax app on the Xbox One:
• If you’ve not done so already, sign up for Showmax online. There’s a no-risk 14-day free trial. Showmax is not a contract – it’s simply paid on a month to month basis and can be cancelled any time.
• You’ll need the email address and password you use to sign up for Showmax to sign in on the Xbox One.
• Go to the Store tab on the Xbox One.
• Go to the Search tab on the right-hand side of the screen and search for Showmax.
• Install the app.
• Sign in to the app using the same email and password you used to sign up for Showmax.
• To pin the Showmax app to your home screen, highlight the app tile, press the menu button and then select “pin to home”.
Showmax is an internet TV service. For a single monthly fee, subscribers get access to a huge online catalogue of TV shows, movies, kids’ shows and documentaries – as much as and many as they can watch.
Users can stream Showmax using apps for smart TVs, smartphones, tablets, computers and media players. Showmax also works with Chromecast and AirPlay. One can also manage data consumption using the bandwidth capping feature. For those with no unlimited internet access, you can download up to 25 shows to smartphones and tablets to watch later offline.
Showmax was born in 2015 and is part of the Naspers Group. The service is currently available in more than 70 countries.