Creative Media Works, operating as BBM Messenger, will host the first of its Innovation Information sessions in Lagos, Nigeria in November. The session will focus on fintech and feature innovation-rich content, sharing and networking, aimed to help participants innovate and extend their mobile business platform.
There will also be an opportunity to conduct interviews with Adam Pattison, BBM Messenger, VP Americas and EMEA, to discuss the future plans of the messaging platform.
Below are the event details:
- Date: Friday 10th November
- Time: 14:30pm – 18:00pm
- Late lunch served around: 16:05pm
- Venue: Protea Hotel Ikeja, Isaac John Street
- 14:30 – 15:00: Arrival, welcome & introduction.
- 15:00 – 15:15: Opening speech: Feyi Olubodun, Managing Director/CEO, Insights Publicis opening the day sharing perspectives on the next stage in the digital and mobile space in Nigeria.
- 15:15 – 15:40: Keynote speaker: Charles Ifedi, Divisional CEO of Interswitch, discusses innovation based on the Interswitch integration into BBM and the functionality of Quickteller: Paycode (ATM & POS); Money Transfer & Airtime Top-up within the BBM App. Charles will also share insights about innovation in Nigeria, the trends and flow of technology in the market.
- 15:40 – 16:05: Adam Pattison, BBM Messenger, VP Americas and EMEA, discusses the BBM Messenger upgrade, latest app and BBM Messenger news.
- 16:05 – 16:50: Break for refreshments and late lunch.
- 16:50 – 17:00: Elsie Oluku, Ariiya Tickets discusses the partnership with BBM and their content and service offering.
- 17:00 – 17:20: Mobi Hunter outlines BBM’s position in the market, the state of the Nigerian digital market, the victories, the failures and the soon-to-come highlights.
- 17:20 – 18:00: Q&A, followed by networking and further refreshments.
To RSVP, send an email to: Ninja@ginjaninjapr.co.za by November 3, 2017.
On June 26, 2016, Creative Media Works, a division of PT Elang Mahkota Teknologi Tbk – one of Indonesia’s largest media, content and technology businesses – announced a long term strategic alliance with BlackBerry Limited to accelerate consumer BBM’s research and development in offering new and exciting features, services and content to the global consumer market. As part of this strategy, BBM is making its APIs available to expedite the growth of partners and consumer services such as:
- Content – music and video streaming, games, sports, news, celebrity blogs, horoscopes and more
- Commerce – shopping, gifting and coupons/vouchers
- Online to Offline Commerce – booking movies, travel, health services, real-estate or job postings
- Finance – P2P payments, money transfer, mobile phone re-charge, and utilities billing
Creative Media Works now operates under the BBM brand as a stand-alone consumer focused business with teams operating from Waterloo, Mississauga, Ottawa, Singapore, Jakarta, UAE and South Africa.
Be the first to comment