The long December holidays are almost coming to an end, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on where you sit or stand). This is the last Friday before most people resume their normal work routines after ushering in the New Year on Monday.
However, it does not mean that you should be all moody and grumpy just because the holiday and long period of rest is finally coming to an end.
(TOP: The cover of The Cookout, one of the movies being shown on StarTimes this Friday. Photo: YouTube).
And to cheer you up – or keep you company – this Friday, here are highlights of five movie titles – among others – lined up for you on StarTimes:
- Coming Home: Set during the Vietnam war and released in 1978, this is the story of Sally Bender, the wife of a Captain in the US Marine Corps who is sent over to the battle field. Left alone, and nothing else to do, she decides to volunteer at a local veteran’s hospital, where she meets Luke, who she went to the same high school with Sally. Luke is wounded, paralyzed and confined to a wheelchair, but Sally soon begins to fall in love with him.
- Wonderland: John Holmes, a former porn star and stud, sees his star slowly but surely fading. He’s also desperate with his past internal demons to live with; an estranged wife as well as a relationship with his current teenage mistress. Added to this is the fact that Holmes is a junkie. However, one night, four people are murdered at Wonderland Avenue, leaving him as a key suspect in one of the most grisly murders in Los Angeles.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day: Alexander’s day begins with gum stuck in his hair, followed by more calamities. However, he finds little sympathy from his family and begins to wonder if bad things only happen to him, his mom, dad, brother and sister – who all find themselves living through their own terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
- A Wonderful Christmas Time: Of course we’re still in the Christmas season and will continue to celebrate this till the New Year. And continuing with the Christmas theme, this movie tells the story of Noel who is home alone in Porthcawl, two weeks before Christmas. Porthcawl is a sleepy seaside town in South Wales, and it’s where Noel, now dumped by his long term girlfriend for another guy, is faced with the unknown. This leads him to turn to primal scream therapy with his self-taught therapist Simon and retreats to the past, reminiscing with his old school pal Steve.
- The Cookout: When Todd Anderson signs a $30 million deal with his hometown team, the New Jersey Nets, he knows that his life is set for a big change. To keep things real, he decides to throw a barbeque at his place — just like the ones his family used to have. But when you have new and old friends, family, agents, and product reps in the same house, things are bound to get crazy.
So, it may be the last Friday before we head back to the office but that does mean we should life is ending. In any case, you can still spare some time and #UpgradeNaStarTimes to the next available bouquet for free by paying your monthly subscription. And thereby have your #WishesDelivered in terms of advanced and expanded content choice from StarTimes.