Sophos has announced Sophos Home Premium with ransomware protection. Sophos Home Premium features advanced anti-ransomware capabilities that can quickly detect previously unknown ransomware Going beyond just traditional antivirus features it delivers proactive, real-time protection for consumers from the latest malicious software and hacking attempts, and includes privacy protection features.
Sophos Home Premium is designed for ease of use, protecting both PCs and Macs, and enables the management of up to ten other computers from one central dashboard.
(TOP: Chet Wisniewski, principal research scientist at Sophos).
“In 2017 we witnessed a global black market emerge that has enabled even unsophisticated criminals to hold our data for ransom and sell our private details for identity theft and more,” said Chet Wisniewski, principal research scientist at Sophos.
“It’s become critical for home users to protect their digital lives and assets. Consumers demand the same quality of protection the world’s most discerning organizations require. The research we do in SophosLabs gives us the unique ability to provide them state-of- the-art protection against ransomware, malicious websites, and online threats.”
Sophos is a global leader in cybersecurity, securing some of the most-recognizable businesses around the world. With Sophos Home Premium, the company is bringing the powerful, business-class security and ransomware protection that IT professionals trust at work to consumers at home.
Key features in Sophos Home Premium include:
- Advanced Ransomware Protection – Stops the latest ransomware from encrypting your files and drives
- Real-Time Behavioral Protection – Protects against new and developing malware, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), and program exploits to prevent infection from the latest threats
- Malicious Site Web Protection – Leverages the vast SophosLabs blacklist database to protect against connection
to known compromised or dangerous sites
- Real-Time Antivirus – Protects against known viruses, malware, Trojans, worms, bots, potentially unwanted apps (PUAs), ransomware, and more
- Privacy Protection – Monitors access to your webcam, and blocks any attempts to record your keystrokes.
- Parental Web Filtering – Allows you to control the content your children can view online
- Remote Management – Secures multiple devices in any location from a simple web interface
- Advanced Web Protection – Blocks phishing sites and bad or compromised websites for safe browsing and
- Online Banking Protection – Protects your banking and credit card information from being intercepted by third-
parties and keylogger software
- Advanced Malware Removal – Removes previous malware infections
“More than 280,000 IT organizations worldwide rely on Sophos to protect themselves against cyber threats, and we passionately believe that home users should enjoy the same level of protection,” said Matt Fairbanks, chief marketing officer at Sophos.
“Sophos Home is based on the proven business-class technology that protects some of the world’s biggest brands, and we have now made that accessible to home environments. Too many consumer products in our industry confuse and annoy their customers. We believe that Sophos Home simply delivers the most innovative, effective, and ‘un-annoying’ home computer protection.”
Sophos Home Premium has an MSRP of US $50 for use on up to 10 computers – Mac and PC – for 12 months. Support is included via online community, email, and chat for the duration of the subscription.
Sophos Home Premium is available to order today, and a free 30-day trial can be accessed online.