Weeks after announcing that DStv Now, its internet-based service with live sports, live TV, shows and movies on Catch Up, was now available via three new lean-back apps, MultiChoice has today announced that it has added a fourth app.
Initially, the DStv Now app – which makes it possible to turn any TV in the house into an easy-to-use DStv hub without the need for a decoder – was made available for the following devices: Samsung smart TVs (selected models from 2015 onwards); Apple TV (4th generation and newer) and media players running Android TV (Google certified devices only).
The firm also announced that apps are also expected to be added shortly for additional brands of smart TVs. And to make good this promise, MultiChoice announced that it’s added a fourth new app – for LG smart TVs, specifically 2017 and 2018 models running webOS 3.5 and 4.0.
Below are instructions and guide on how to install the new DStv Now app for LG smart TVs:
- Connect the TV to the internet using ethernet cable or Wi-Fi
- Access the LG App Store from the TV, search for “DStv Now”, and install the app
- Once installed, the app will display a code on the TV screen
- On a laptop/desktop, go to http://now.dstv.com and sign in (DStv subscribers who haven’t yet registered for a Connect ID will first need to visit https://connect.dstv.com/registration/en-za)
- Once signed in, go to http://now.dstv.com/tv and enter the code displayed on the TV, then click on the “Sign in on TV” button
- The app will now be live on the TV
DStv Now is an internet streaming video service free to all DStv customers (the specific content available is linked to the customer’s DStv package). Data is not included with DStv Now and usage may be charged by a customer’s ISP or mobile network.
With DStv Now, two different streams can be viewed on separate devices simultaneously. This means a single account can be used to watch TV via a decoder in the lounge, a movie on a tablet in the bedroom via DStv Now, and sport on another smart TV using DStv Now. It’s also a great way for kids who are away from home to get the most from the family’s DStv subscription.