Bizna Kenya has has released the names of 32 shortlisted nominees for the inaugural Young Entrepreneurs Awards (YEA Awards) 2018.
The YEA Awards is designed to recognize, celebrate and encourage upcoming and industrious young entrepreneurs aged (18 – 35 years) to improve how they operate and manage a business for increased profitability.
In its first edition, the YEA Awards has attracted entries from different business sectors. Thirty-two nominees have been nominated in various categories including the Young Entrepreneur of the Year-Male and Young Entrepreneur of the Year-Female.
Bizna Kenya Founder and CEO Tonnie Mello said: “We are delighted to host this event and celebrate young entrepreneurs who are doing tremendous work to meet needs in the society. Young people lead the way in many endeavors in life, especially in entrepreneurship and we are happy to cheer them on. With this initiative, things can only get better in Kenyan businesses”.
The nominations phase which closed on September 20, 2018 saw some young entrepreneurs nominating themselves while others were nominated by colleagues, partners, and customers who enjoy their products and services. The proposed names were analyzed, verified by a panel of judges.
The shortlisting phase lasted until October 26, where the judges settled for three nominees per category and four for the overall male and female Young Entrepreneurs of the Year.
The shortlisted nominees are now presented to the public for voting. The voting process is set to run for three weeks until mid-night November 25, 2018 to determine Kenya’s top 12 Young Entrepreneurs who become the winners. The YEA Awards will see the winners getting marketing and business support services worth over Kshs 1 million.
Below are the names of the 32 shortlisted nominees and their respective categories:
- Ian Mati, Vintara Collection KE
- Valentine Nekesa, Nekesa Queens Ltd
- Debbie Oyugi, Debbie Oyugi Kids
Real Estate Award
- Moses Muriithi, Fanaka Real Estate Ltd
- Tim Kipchumba, Questworks Ltd
- Lucas Mwangi, Appropriate Design Ltd
- John Kiruthi, Farmers Trend
- Rodgers Kirwa, iAgribiz Africa
- Peter Ngigi, Remington Africa
Service Industry Award
- Anyiko Owoko, Anyiko Public Relations
- Mumbi Ndung’u, Ibua Africa
- Mary Njoki, Glass House PR
- Abel Mutua, Phil-It Production
- Kevin Bahati, EMB Records
- Anthony Mwangi, Anto Neo Soul
- Muthuri Kinyamu, Turn Up Travel Global
- Stephen Maithya, Stevenchy Photography
- Martin Ruga, Desserts Anyone
- Collins K, Rutto, Sunpride Garments Ltd
- Ruth Mwanzia, Kooler Waters
- Mercy Kyallo, Yallo Limited
- Samuel Majani, Ghafla
- George Magunga, www.themagunga.com
- Mark Kaigwa, Nendo
Young Entrepreneur of The Year-Male
- Brian Gacara, Property Reality Company
- Eugene Mbugua, Young Rich Television Limited
- Pancras Karema, Expeditions Maasai Safaris
- Meshack Alloys, Sendy
Young Entrepreneur of The Year-Female
- Anerlisa Muigai, Nero Company Ltd
- Nancy Amunga, Dana Communications
- Lucia Musau, Africa Elite Group,
- Michelle Ntalami, Marini Naturals