CIC Insurance unveils pension app, online portal to enhance customer service




CIC Insurance Group has launched a mobile application and an online portal to enhance operational efficiency and customer service experience of its pension clients.

Dubbed the CIC Jipange Pension Plan app and web portal, the platforms are customer service interfaces which enable members to actively interact with their pension accounts, including statements as well as provision to amend their beneficiary details.

“This launch is in line with CIC’s vision of product and process innovation as well as the provision of convenient and efficient service to our customers”, said Ezekiel Owuor, the MD, CIC Life Assurance.

The service is available to new and existing clients of the CIC Jipange Pension Plan.

The following steps are to be taken in downloading the app:

  • Go to the Google Play Store
  • Search for “CIC Pensions” and download
  • Log in by clicking “Register” and follow the prompts
  • Access your account

A member using the app for the first time will need to register, then follow the prompts.

Members already registered can sign in with their ID number to access the menu items. None CIC Jipange Pension clients could also register and a representative of CIC will get in touch with them with more details on the value proposition. In addition, a client can choose to skip the registration/ log in page and go to the next page and view a summary of the pension products provided by CIC Life Assurance.

If a registered member has forgotten his/her password, they can use the “Forgot Password” functionality on the log in page and input the member and ID numbers. The reset password will then be sent to the registered mobile phone number and email address.

The app incorporates a pension calculator, which is available for individual and salaried contributors whose employers participate in making contributions. It also includes a functionality that enables clients to invite friends to use the app. The app is currently optimised for Android phone users but plans are underway to extend the same to Apple and Windows phone users.

Clients can also access their accounts online by visiting the CIC Pension portal.

CIC Insurance Group comprises three subsidiaries and an associate company namely CIC Life Assurance, CIC General Insurance, CIC Asset Management and Takaful Insurance of Africa, respectively. Both  CIC General and CIC Life are wholly owned subsidiaries of the CIC Insurance Group, which in turn is 74.3 per cent owned by the Co-operative Insurance Society. The remaining 25.7 per cent shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE) and are spread across a number of individual investors.




Leave a Reply

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.