Challenge of 1000 (or “Challenge des 1000”) is calling on African entrepreneurs with innovative solutions aimed to foster the emergence of sustainable cities to apply and showcase them during the “Challenge des 1000” at the Africa-France 2020 summit.
By launching the “Challenge des 1000”, the French government is inviting 1,000 African entrepreneurs to the country to present their solutions at the Cité des Solutions, an exhibition dedicated to projects and solutions for sustainable cities and territories, which will be held during the 28th Africa-France Summit in Bordeaux from June 4 – 6, 2020.
Applications are open until January 31, 2020.
The selection of finalists will be based on the following criteria:
- To be an African entrepreneur, with an activity related to one of the 7 districts of the Cité des Solutions;
- Gender parity of the 1000 Entrepreneurs;
- Geographical balance in terms of the origin of the Entrepreneurs;
- Balance of themes across the 7 districts (or categories);
- To be the bearer of an innovative or duplicable solution, at a lower cost and with a strong impact to make French and African cities more sustainable from an environmental and social point of view;
- Be registered on the Digital Africa platform.
The City of Solutions has 7 thematic neighbourhoods to create together the city of tomorrow. These are:
- Access to essential services
- Feeding the cities
- Develop and beautify the city
- Getting around the city / visiting the city
- Living in the city
- Financing and structuring projects
- Connect the city