LG Electronics was recognised for its product design efforts with a total of 19 category prizes at this year’s Red Dot Design Award, including the Best of the Best honor for its 65-inch GX Gallery series OLED TV (model 65GX).
The Red Dot Best of the Best winner in the product design category features LG’s gallery design which enables the slender TV to be mounted flat on the wall. And like most other 2020 LG OLED TVs, this model delivers an incredible viewing experience with the new α (Alpha) 9 Gen 3 AI Processor, unmatched color expression and infinite contrast of OLED.
The Red Dot Design Award is one of the three most coveted professional design competitions in the world. This year some 6,500 products from 60 countries were submitted for the jury’s consideration. In addition to the LG 65GX, Red Dot judges this year bestowed awards on two other OLED TVs from LG – LG SIGNATURE OLED 8K (model 77ZX) and LG OLED WX Wallpaper 4K OLED TV (model 65WX). Last month these three OLED models were also recipients of iF design Awards, another prominent international design competition.
Since debuting in 2013, LG OLED TVs have been recognized by Red Dot every year, picking the top honor a total of six times. Past award winners have included the world’s first rollable TV, the classy “Wallpaper” TV and the minimalistic Picture-on-Glass TV.
Some of LG’s other products that were recognised by Red Dot for outstanding design this year include:
- LG SIGNATURE OLED TV (model 77ZX)
- LG SIGNATURE Air Conditioner
- LG V60 ThinQ and Dual Screen 3
- LG OLED TV (model 65WX)
- LG NanoCell TV (model 75NANO99)
- LG UltraFine Display Ergo (model 32UN880)
- LG UltraGear Gaming Monitor (model 27GN950)
- LG Soundbar (model SN11RG)
- LG Styler Black Edition
- LG InstaView Door-in-Door with Craft Ice
- LG CordZero ThinQ A9 Komp with Power Drive Mop
- LG CordZero ThinQ Robotic Mop
- 24-inch Front-Load Washer with AI DD and DUAL Inverter Heat Pump Dryer
- LG PuriCare 4-Wards Water Purifier
- LG Inverter Heat-Pump Water Heater
“As a company that passionately believes in the importance of good design, it is always a great honor to receive recognition from Red Dot,” said Noh Chang-ho, Senior VP and head of corporate design at LG Electronics. “LG is deeply committed to its customers’ desire for beautiful products and will continue to pursue innovative design that delivers new value and exceptional user experiences.”