Telkom Kenya has partnered with phone vendors to offer mobile phones at accessible price points as the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for the rural and urban youth customer.
As an add on, the mobile phones come bundled with data offers to complement their access to the Internet and their mobile lifestyles.
With affordable unlimited calling, texting and data plans, Telkom is giving its most connected customers options that take advantage of a variety of devices – in partnership with Huawei, Infinix, Xiaomi and Tecno brands, competitively priced Internet-enabled devices ranging between Kshs 3,000 – 30,000 – in the month-long promotion.
(TOP: Telkom Plaza Shop Direct Sales agent Yasmin Njeri – left – and Customer Experience Director Claire Munene – right).
Steve Okeyo, Telkom’s MD for Consumer says: “Smartphones offer people incredible flexibility to stay connected and express their love to the people that matter most. Telkom’s Valentine’s promotion makes it easier for anyone to get select smartphones at a competitive price and keep connected.”
A rise in demand for more smart devices has been occasioned by the accelerated digital transformation that is being witnessed across the globe, and which has made more people and businesses increasingly adopt the use of automated and digitized platforms.
Mr. Okeyo adds: “Mid-level smart-feature devices constitute a huge number of phones sold in Kenya, affirming their acceptance and popularity; the promotion mark our latest effort to make it easier and more affordable for people to join the data revolution and step up to 4G, enabling them to stay connected with their loved ones not only through voice calls, but also photos, texts, social media updates and more.”
Mid-last year, Telkom unveiled its new strategic focus areas that will address the current transformational dynamic as well as Telkom’s long-term objectives, as it works towards becoming the technology company of the future.
According to the Global Mobile Economy 2019 report, mobile Internet user numbers in Africa are projected to rise to 483 million, translating to a 39% penetration rate by 2025. Overall, unique mobile subscribers on the continent are projected to rise from 456 million (in 2018) to 625 million; about half of the continent’s population, by 2025.
|1. Camon 16S @17,999/- and 15GB free data
• Display: -6.6”
• Processor :- Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
• Memory – 128+4 GB
• Battery: -5000mAh
• Camera: – 8MP+48MP+2MP+2MP
2. Camon 16 Pro @ 25,999/- and 20GB free data
• Display: -6.8”
• Processor:- Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.7 GHz Cortex-A55)
• Memory : 128+6 GB
• Battery:- 5000 mAh
3. Camon 16 Premier @ 32,999 and 20GB free data
• Processor :-Octa-core (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
• Memory:128+8 GB
• Battery:- 5000 mAh
• Camera:-48MP+2MP+ 64MP+8MP+2MP+2MP
| 1. Redmi 9A, 32GB @12,599 with 10GB free data (and a branded bag)
• Display. 6.53” HD+ Dot Drop display.
• Processor · – 2.0GHz, 8x A53, Octa-core CPU
• Memory : 2GB RAM + 32GB
• Battery. 5000mAh (typ) Supports 10W charge.
• Camera. 13 MP Rear Camera. Unlock. AI Face Unlock
2. Redmi 9 4/64GB @19,399 with 15GB free data
• Display:- 6.53’’ FHD+ Dot Drop display
• Processor: Oct-core CPU, up to 2.0GHz
• Memory : 4GB+64GB
• Battery. 5020mAh (typ) high-capacity battery
• Camera. 13MP+8MP+5MP+2MP quad rear camera, 8MP selfie camera
|1. Hot 8i @19,999/- and 15GB free data
• Processor :- Octa-core (2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 & 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55)
• Memory :128+4/128+6 GB
• Battery:-5200 mAh
|1. B535 4 Port Router @ 13,499/-
• Supports a maximum of 64 connected stations.
• Equipped with more connectivity options including;
• 4 LAN Port
• RJ11 for desktop phone
• DL 300Mbps UL 100Mbps
• Supports SMS, USSD and App
• Windows and Mac OS Compatible
Be the first to comment