LG Electronics introduced its new InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerators that boast upgraded features and design innovations for improved user convenience at CES 2021 in January this year. The technologically-advanced refrigerator has a larger glass panel for its InstaView Door-in-Door system while its UVnano technology is featured in the built-in water dispenser for enhanced hygiene while InstaView voice recognition offers the consumer hands-free convenience.
Below, we take a look at the other smart features found in the InstaView Door-in-Door refrigerator:
- LG InstaView brightens the fridge’s interior with just two quick knocks on the transparent glass while Door-in-Door reduces interior cold air loss by providing a convenient space to keep frequently accessed items handy.
- The LG InstaView DID’s window is 23 percent larger than previous models, making it more convenient and easier to see and monitor food items stored inside the fridge.
- The refrigerator incorporate LG’s UVnano technology which harnesses the power of light, thereby effortlessly and effectively maintaining a hygienic and germ-free water dispenser tap. UVnano operates once every hour to remove up to 99.99 percent of bacteria on the refrigerator’s dispenser tap. For more convenience and peace of mind, users can also activate the UVnano feature with the press of a button.
- The fridge, which won a Best of Innovation award at CES 2021 Innovation Awards, offers consumers more convenience with its voice recognition feature. With voice recognition feature, members of the household no longer have to struggle to open the refrigerator door when carrying food items to store and preserve in the fridge but instead simply say “Open the refrigerator door” by voice. LG’s interactive voice technology also makes it possible for the consumer to check the status of the ice and water dispensers.
- With Amazon Dash Replenishment, household members can order consumables remotely by linking their own Amazon account with the LG ThinQ app.
- The InstaView Door-in-Door fridge also incorporates LG’s freshness-enhancing systems, LINEARCooling and DoorCooling+. LINEARCooling minimizes temperature fluctuations, the main cause of food spoilage, while DoorCooling+ cools the entire refrigerator compartment evenly by distributing powerful airflow from a strategically positioned vent.
- The inside of the InstaView Door-in-Door is fitted with Hygiene Fresh to eliminate potentially contaminated air, unpleasant odors, and 99.999 percent of the bacteria inside the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, the Moist Balance Crisper maintains peak moisture levels while the innovative Fresh Balancer functionality optimizes humidity by sealing the vegetable box to keep fruits and vegetables in their optimal state of freshness.
- The InstaView Door-in-Door is compatible with LG’s SmartThinQ, thereby enabling users to control their refrigerator using their smartphone while outside the home. Users can set the refrigerator temperature, control Express Freeze and Hygiene Fresh operations, and diagnose appliance problems all from the connected mobile
- Like other LG refrigerators, the InstaView Door-in-Door is powered by the Inverter Linear Compressor which generates less internal friction, resulting in 32 percent lower energy consumption and 25 percent less noise, all while providing greater reliability and durability. LG’s Inverter Linear Compressor is backed by a 10-year warranty. The compressor is able to operate without complications for up to 20 years, according to a review by the German scientific and technical association Verband der Elektrotechnik Elektronik Informationstechnik (VDE).