Africa Tech Festival (with anchor events AfricaCom and AfricaTech) has come to a close after a week of exceptional content. The event organisers have now released the names of all the winners of what has come to be recognised as one of the industry’s most illustrious awards, who are helping to deliver on the continent’s digital progression.
Taking place virtually this year, Africa Tech Festival saw attendance from more than 19 000 delegates and more than 300 speakers together on one platform.
(TOP: Diana Wilson, CEO, Yielding Accomplished African Women. She’s voted Female Innovator 2021).
The Africa Tech Festival Awards (formerly AfricaCom Awards), also saw an exponential growth in voting in 2021, highlighting how active the technology and telecommunications community is across Africa.
Winners of the various categories were announced throughout the five-day conference.
The Africa Tech Festival 2021 Winners are:
- Connectivity Project of the Year Award: Mauritius Telecom
- Africa’s Rising Star Award: Tobi Lafinhan, Co-Founder, Venture for Africa
- Fintech Innovation of the Year Award: OtangU – Eat Now Pay Later
- Most Innovative Product/Service Award: Mauritius Telecom & Huawei
- Building a better, more inclusive digital world Award: Orange Digital Center
- Green ICT Champion Award: Ericsson
- CXO of the Year: Brelotte BA, CEO, Orange Mali
- Female Innovator 2021: Diana Wilson, CEO, Yielding Accomplished African Women.
Africa Tech Festival will return to Cape Town, South Africa in 2022. Dates for the 25th edition of the conference and expo have been set as 7 – 11 November 2022.