Safaricom has launched a Christmas campaign dubbed ‘Pokea Uteo Wa Furaha’. ‘Pokea uteo wa furaha’ is month-long campaign that kicks off on 4 December 2021 up to 15 January 2022 and seeks to deepen customer engagement and experience.
Through the campaign the telco’s customers will enjoy numerous gifts and offers in voice, data, M-PESA, and Bonga points among others.
“This festive season we want to spread the love, cheer and kindness through the various special delights for our customers. We are thus bringing back and rekindling the elements people love about the festive period and giving Kenyans a chance to have a smile after a long challenging year,” said Nick Kamunyu, Safaricom’s Chief Channels Officer, during the Safaricom Christmas campaign launch in Nairobi West, Dagoretti Corner on December 4, 2021.
(TOP: Safaricom Father Christmas – right -, with Wilbroda as they reward Michael Wambu at Dagoretti with a Christmas package during the launch of Safaricom’s Pokea Uteo wa Furaha Christmas campaign. · As part of the campaign, Safaricom will be in select regions across the country with surprise delights such as airtime, food hampers, donation of care packs in hospitals, visits to children’s homes and lunch drives targeting street families).
Pokea Uteo Wa Furaha campaign deals and offers:
- For voice and data customers, they will enjoy tailor-made deals through the Tunukiwa@21 Offers which will include 21 minutes and 21 SMS for Kshs 20.
- For M-PESA customers, they will get up to 20 per cent discount when they purchase event tickets, pay for travel such as local flights, SGR train tickets and bus gift vouchers using the MPESA Mini Apps.
- The first 100 customers to pay for a local flight between the 6 and 10 December, through the newly launched Flights Mini App on the M-PESA App, will get their ticket at Kshs 1000.
- From January 2022, businesses and Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) will enjoy a special offer on Safaricom’s Internet for Business 5Mbps service, to allow them start the year with a bang.
- As part of the campaign, the Safaricom team will be in select regions across the country with surprise delights such as airtime, food hampers, donation of care packs in hospitals, visits to children’s homes and lunch drives targeting street families.
- On selected days, the team will also pay transport for customers traveling to various destinations.
“I therefore, encourage our customers to engage with us whey they spot us in the on-ground activations in different parts of the country like Nairobi, Coast, Rift, Mt Kenya, Greater Western and Rift regions,” said Kamunyu.
Additionally, as part of the campaign, Safaricom will roll out ‘Bonga for Christmas’ where customers will be able redeem their Bonga Points to pay for essential goods and services across the vast network of Lipa Na M-PESA merchants in supermarkets, cabs and pharmacies among others.
On 22 December, Safaricom will activate a Google Street view Treasure Hunt where customers have a chance to win Kshs 1 million in prizes in airtime, devices and shopping vouchers.
The month-long campaign is anchored on Safaricom’s Customer Obsession journey that aims to deepen customer engagement and experience by continuously adding value to customers using various touch-points and platforms.