Joel Chacha, the General Manager and Chief Strategist at Tell-Em, has been announced as a judge for the annual PRWeek Global Awards. The awards program, which honors the best in public relations, marketing, and communications, is among the most prestigious in the industry.
As a judge, Joel will evaluate entries worldwide, providing insight into the most innovative and effective campaigns and strategies. He brings a wealth of experience in the field, having worked with some of the biggest brands, including Visa, Coca-Cola, Safaricom, Procter and Gamble, Xiaomi, Telkom, Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), International Finance Corporation (IFC), Qatar Airways, British Airways, and Kenya Airways, to name a few.
(TOP: Joel Chacha).
Joel is excited to be part of the judging panel and looks forward to recognizing the best of the best in the industry. “I’m honored to be part of the judging panel for the PRWeek Global Awards,” he said. “It’s a great opportunity to serve as the first Kenyan judge, and I look forward to learning from the best in the industry and recognizing the amazing work that’s being done.”
Joel has strong brand leadership experience acquired over many years as an integrated marketing and communications leader. Having tested his capacity to inspire and lead at the highest senior level of organizational leadership, shaping strategy, engaging senior government officials, inspiring large teams of employees and shareholders, and offering strategic counsel and support on media, reputation, and issues management.
Joel serves on several boards. He is a member of the African Marketing Confederation (AMC), where he is tasked with exploring opportunities to advance the sector by leveraging on the opening up of the continent via the Africa Continental Free Trade. In addition, he has previously served as the chair of the Media Relations Expert Advisory Panel at the Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK). And at the Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK), he is currently the Chairman of the Marketing and Gala Committee, where he steers portfolio clarity leading to the execution of award-winning campaigns. In 2019 and 2020, he sat on the jury of the MSK Awards, the most coveted marketing award in the region, before being elected as a corporate board member representative in 2021.
The PRWeek Global Awards celebrates the best agencies, in-house teams, campaigns, and comms professionals worldwide. The shortlist of the entries will be announced in March. The PRWeek Global Awards ceremony will take place on 9 May 2023 at the London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square.
The PRWeek Global Awards 2023 honors the transformative work that demonstrates the highest possible standards building brands and trust, enabling the growth of the international enterprise. The winners will be those who demonstrate excellence across the most rigorous criteria. The chair of the judges this year is Aaron Radelet, global chief communications officer and senior VP at Walgreens Boots Alliance.
Apart from Kenya’s Joel Chacha, other judges at the awards are:
- Jonathan Adashek, senior vice-president, communications and marketing, IBM
- Roberto Adriani, senior partner, Heritage House-PROI Worldwide
- Seyhan Ayel, MD, OptimoreGroup
- Sarah Backhouse, director, global communications, Heineken International
- Dawn Beauparlant, president, WE Communications
- Matias Cartajena, founder and CEO, Simplicity
- Pablo Cateriano, general director, Metrica
- Ricardo Cesar, CEO, Ideal/H+K
- Adam Collins, chief communications & corporate affairs officer, Molson Coors Beverage Company
- Christopher Daguimol, corporate communications director, ZALORA
- Caroline Darcy, founder & CEO, Milka Marketing
- Claudia Dare, partner director, Latam Intersect PR
- Ca-Mie De Souza, deputy head, corporate relations, and media relations lead, Shell Companies in Singapore
- Virginia Devlin, CEO, Current Global
- Shane Dolan, MD, FTI Consulting
- Abhijit Dutta, senior director, APAC communications and government affairs, Kimberly Clark Corporation
- Christian Fleischer, head of corporate communications & content, Eastspring Investments
- Sherry Goldberg, president, North America, GCI Health
- Emma Hartland-Mahon, MD, J/PR
- Natasha Hatherall, founder and chief executive, TishTash Communications
- Charla Hawkins, VP, reputation and social impact, Evoke Kyne
- Seren Hirons, MD, brand & luxury, Four Communications
- Daryl Ho, MD, WE Communications
- Todor Ianev, managing partner, Janev & Janev
- Sunil John, president – MENA, ASDA’A BCW
- Emma Kane, UK CEO and deputy group CEO, SEC Newgate
- Nathan Kemp, global head of strategy and creative, Grayling
- Nicola Koronka, co-founder, Missive
- Abhinav Kumar, chief marketing & communications officer – global markets, Tata Consultancy Services
- Lennard Kwek, director/head of marketing and solutions, Bridgestone Asia Pacific
- Didier Lagae, CEO and founder, MARCO
- Isabelle Lim, director of communications and engagement, TR Asia Pacific L’Oreal Groupe
- Tom Malcolm, group MD, consumer marketing, and head of transformation, UK, BCW
- John Mayne, global head of external communications, media, Dentsu
- Albert Medran, corporate director, LLYC
- Nicola Nel, CEO & founder, Atmosphere Communications, South Africa
- Pisso Nseke, senior public relations officer, Cameroon Telecommunications
- Daniel Pooley, managing partner, Finn Partners
- Omar Qirem, chief executive, Middle East, Edelman
- Karl Rickhamre, MD, Coast Communications AB
- Nancy Ruscheinski, chief operating officer, Zeno Group
- Penny Ryan, head of brand, APAC, Bupa
- Stefan Ryden, head of insight & strategic planning, Spotlight Communications
- Indy Selvarajah, CEO, Ketchum London
- Mandy Sharp, founder and CEO, Tin Man Communications
- Della Sweetman, chief business development officer, global creative and planning lead, FleishmanHillard
- Belinda Tan, vice-president, communications, sustainability and brand, Asia Pacific, DHL Asia Pacific
- Kat Thomas, founder and global executive creative director, One Green Bean
- Alex Thompson, chief communications officer
- Rahul Titus, global head of influence, Ogilvy
- Alasdair Townsend, managing partner, Sherlock Communications
- Bjorn Trowery, brand communications lead, Meta
- Ana Margarida Ximenes, president, ATREVIA
- Lucy Yurek, group head of communications, Rio Tinto
PRWeek is a global brand covering corporate and marketing communications, with editorial coverage in the US, UK, Asia, and the Middle East. It is the voice of the industry and the leading source of news, insight, and opinion. Winning a PRWeek Global Award therefore signifies success at the highest levels of the profession.